Clinton Transom Screw

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F33rNoFish

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new on the board.

Posted this in WTB classifieds as well but wasn't sure if it would get much attention there. Hope posting here is ok.

Been reading a lot and have taken a lot of the written knowledge to my 12' Grumman.

I have a 3.5 hp Clinton that has a bent transom screw and would like to fix or replace it.

If you have any you'd like to sell please let me know.

Or if you have ideas as to how it can be fixed please feel free to post up.

Many thanks and hope I can contribute at some point!

Daniel

Thanks guys. I went to my local hometown home improvement shop (not the big guys). Spent about an hour looking for stuff and talkin to employees for suggestions. In the end the best they could do was a standard steel bolt that matched length and thread pitch. I wasn't content and kept looking. Went around the whole freaking store to get the creative juices flowin. Finally came back to the screw, bolt, nail and nut section and found some steel concrete anchors. Thought to myself " hey! These are almost alike!" Then I seen the galvanized version! Score.

Brought one home with a couple matching nuts (it came with one already). Used them to protect the threads and went to town on it.

Came out ok over all. I'm even thinking to do the original good one just like this so that they match!

Just need to attach the washer end!

See pic: you can see original on left and bent while the "custom" new one on the right and almost done.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400994826.581938.jpg