gas tanks

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket rich

Reaction score
The new system on gas tanks on the Tohatsu built motors is somewhat difficult for me to understand. can someone explain it in lay mans terms.4 strokes 9.8 :( :oops:

First stroke- Piston at top of cylinder intake valve open piston starts down drawing fuel and air into cylinder=intake stroke. Second stroke- Piston at bottom of cylinder intake valve closes piston goes up to top of cylinder= compression stroke. Third stroke- Spark plug fires igniting compressed air and fuel mixture pushing piston down to bottom of the cylinder= power stroke. Fourth stroke- Exhaust valve opens piston goes to top of cylinder pushing exhaust out of cylinder= exhaust stroke.When the piston reaches the top of the cylinder the exhaust valve closes and the intake valve opens and the process starts all over again. This is how all 4 stroke (4 cycle) engines work. 9.8= 9.8 horsepower.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=354568#p354568 said:
rocket rich » 03 Jun 2014, 08:20[/url]"]that doesn't answer my questions thanks for your reply anyway
Adding "4 strokes, 9.8" at the end of the post made it confusing. I think the question was how the fuel tank/system worked. I row, sorry I'm of no help.

I just downloaded the owners manual for a 9.8 from Tohatsu motors and it looked straightforward to me. Unscrew vent, plug in connector, pump the bulb and start it. What part is confusing you or did I miss something?

these tank are the same as a vented tank of the past. I vent on presure of 5psi.You missed the boat

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=354588#p354588 said:
SumDumGuy » Today, 11:35[/url]"]rich,

are you arguing with yourself? :p
Well it was 19 minutes from the time the initial statement was made before he started to argue, so at least he's giving the statement proper consideration before disagreeing with it. :lol:

rocket rich said:
these tanks are NOT LIKE THE TANKS OF THE PAST THEY VENT ON 5 PSI

Yes, but they still draw in air as the fuel is pulled out the same as the old ones(so long as you open the vent). They just have a one way valve in the cap that won't allow fuel vapor to escape into the atmosphere unless the pressure inside the tank exceeds 5psi.

What is the problem you are having? Maybe I can help solve your problem with a better understanding of the issue.

Friends,

It's perfectly OK, imVho, to argue with yourself, provided that you do NOT lose the argument.
(CHUCKLE)

yours, satx