initial DF20A IMPRESSION

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

200xc

Reaction score
Bought the new 20 horse Suzuki yesterday. Manual start short shaft. Took it out for initial break in last night and ran it varied RPM's, . Ino more than 5 minutes at the same rpm .i have a 14 ft duroboat. Started first pull. It was a Pretty easy pull to start the motor, however I would not say its as easy as advertised. Motor is extremely smooth at idle but seemed a smidge rough just off idle, then it smooth back out.the motor put the boat on a plane extremely easy with two people.I ran the motor for about an hour and iI hit wide open for about 10 seconds and it put the boat at 24 miles an hour. At 24 miles an hour it hit the rev limiter and I'm not sure if I need to drop the motor in the water a smidge more or if I need a different prop, will test that later. So far I am happy with the motor. Goin out for a test run tomorrow as well.

I have my eye on the new crop of 20hp motors. I currently run a 25hp 2 stroke on a 1648 but I have a lake not 20minutes away that has a 20hp limit. My only concern is my rig with 3 210lb guys plus batteris and other gear does 23-24mph and im worried the 20hp 4 stroke wont even hit 20mph with that load. Was your speed aquired with gps? any idea how much weight was in your boat?

GPS and the boat weighs 210. 325 lbs of man on board. Total weight probably 650-700. I feel with another guy it would go just as fast. However the duroboat hull planes very easy

Latest posts