cant find slow speed needle

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craveman85

Reaction score
I just got a 1976 Johnson stinger 75 HP model 75elr76. It didn't run when I got it but a quick carb cleaning has it running pretty decent. My problem is that if I back off the choke all the way it likes to cough and die out. I was going to assist the slow speed needles out a bit but I can't find them. In used to 18 hp fastwins and where the needle is on them there is just a machine screw with a fiber washer on the 75. How do I adjust it? Thanks. PS I searched and kept getting needle problems for other motors.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=356124#p356124 said:
craveman85 » 17 Jun 2014, 15:02[/url]"]I thought the slow speed would be adjustable.

Yeah, part #26, just above the throttle body, that should be your slow speed adjustment. Same thing as your Fastwin (I have one as well! Great motors!) just no thumbwheel, you need to use a screwdriver.

When I bought my carb kit they said there's no needle for the jet to be adjusted. I can order other slow jets with a different orifice though.

Latest posts