Oops. Ordered the wrong prop. Return it?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haute

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm just getting into this boating thing, so when I bought my motor last week, I ordered some parts; a new starter pinion, water pump kit, and thermostat. I also ordered a new propeller b/c the one the motor came with is a little bit beat up.

The trouble is, I ordered the wrong pitch.

The motor is a 1990 Evinrude 15hp 2 stroke. The stock prop is 9.25" x 10". I accidentally ordered an 11" pitch prop. #-o

I live in Canada, and imported the prop from a US site, so returning the prop isnt impossible, just a gigantic PITA. So without any testing or trials, should I just go through the hassle and return it, or should I keep it, and expect roughly the same performance?

The boat is listed in my profile, weighs around 145 lbs (just the hull) and will have me, my wife, and two small kids in it, totaling around 430 lbs.

Thanks in advance.

I would try it if I were you, it is listed as a prop for your motor. Might work better for ya even. Some of my most significant accomplishments were by mistake. :lol:
Tim

Latest posts