Fuel pump, 60' envinrude 18hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulrid8

Reaction score
Fuel pump is bad on my 18hp. Cannot find a rebuild kit for it and do not want to pay $100+ for a new pump.
Thought I read a thread on someone using a lawnmower pump on them? Can this be done? Are there any other cheaper alternatives?

Thanks for any help.

Yes, the "lawnmower" pumps work fine. Unfortunately they do not say Marine in the part description so you'll have to figure out what to do with the money that is saved.

I've used them on several motors and they all work without issue..

For example..
10hp

25hp

There are others but I cannot locate the photos.

Thanks. Two questions. Mine has only and in and out lines. What's the third line on yours?
Do you happen to know what it came off of? Make finding one easier.

You're 3rd connection is likely on the back of the pump (it is for the pulse from the motor).

I ended up tapping the pressure connection and threading some brass in there for the pump pressure connection.

Here is an example pump...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Fuel-Pump-Replacement-for-BRIGGS-STRATTON-491922-808656-/171285081311?pt=US_Outdoor_Power_Equipment&hash=item27e162ecdf

Let me know if you have further questions. I can take some closer pics or whatever.

Latest posts