1956 Johnson ad-10, 7.5hp. New project!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowhx

Reaction score
Got a new project going! New gasket and seals along with impeller and carb kit. Any tips or recommendations are appreciated! This thing still has paint inside the heads!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 723
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 723
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 723
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 723
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 723
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 723
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 723
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 723
okay so I'm into my lower unit gear box now. What kind of sealant would you guys recommend on the spaghetti gasket? Also I want to replace my shift rod o-ring, but I'm not sure how to get the shift rod bushing out. I saw a guy on the internet tap the bushing then use a bolt and ply wood to remove it like a home made puller. This would work but I don't have a replacement bushing.

I just picked one of these up as well. I replaced the impeller, lower unit oil and just rebuilt the carb after it started bogging down at full throttle under load. Excited to get it in the water again to see how it does.

Also be careful with the pull start recoil spring. Mine snapped while trying to get it going.

Any idea if two of the new style connectors will work on the fuel system? I don't have the 3prong connectors for the pressure tank system but thought that if I use two new ones it might work.

I don't see a reason why they wouldn't work. When you put them one make it so that the female and male ends alternate, so you can't confuse which line connects to what.