1971 evinrude 9.6 cowling

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggoldy

Reaction score
I've found a motor(see subject line) almost free. Does not have the cowling, ie. cover. I've looked at 'marineengine', 'boats.net', and craigslist and found plenty of parts for a rebuild but no cowling. I see no sense in rebuilding this motor without the cover. Where else might I find it?

Thanks,
Gary

Thanks. Yeah I looked at ebay, too. '64 and '66, but not sure they would fit. They appear close. Part number may change with something as simple as decals, so it's confusing. I'm really not concerned with appearance as long as it keeps the water out. Oh, yeah, 9.5 horse, not 9.6.......oops

keep drilling down google, duckduckgo or some other search engine.

After several pages I was able to find a cowl for a '53 motor so there is stuff out there.

GL.

if your motor is a 9.5 then the 64 or 66 cowling will fit it. they are the exact same motors with few minor changes. i have a 66 on the back of my 14 flat bottom right now and love it. starts first pull every time is extremely quiet for an old 2 stroke and runs smooth. good luck and i hope you get it working. you will love it.

Latest posts