Looks like I need a new prop

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vapiper

Reaction score
https://vimeo.com/104148091

**** thing just spins on its own shaft....

Are props of this size pretty universal or should I regret my boat purchase lol

Engine is a US marine/force/Chrysler VWB-52122

Thanks!

Looking forward to a nice day where I don't need to use my oars....lol

Other than that the engine runs like a top now...

Looks like a spun prop. If the prop its self is in good condition take it to a prop shop and have it repaired.

Ahh didn't know they could repair this....good to know! Not that I'm against buying new....I guess it comes down to cost

Hit up a west marine and he had no clue so going to hit a prop shop in town tomorrow and go from there....prefer to just buy a new prop, something aftermarket should work? I wouldn't think props would be so proprietary but more universal but I guess not......

An outboard service shop or prop shop will be able to help you out. Replacing a hub is a very common issue, usually pretty cheap too.

If you really want to buy a new prop, it's not necessary, but a second prop is great to have as a backup.

Natedog57 said:
An outboard service shop or prop shop will be able to help you out. Replacing a hub is a very common issue, usually pretty cheap too.

If you really want to buy a new prop, it's not necessary, but a second prop is great to have as a backup.

Will find out tomorrow....looked at new props online around what should fit/work and the price isn't bad....as long as the repair isn't anywhere close to buying new....just a tiny prop.... But buying new would allow me to get a different pitch which is something I think needs done as well

looks like I'll get a new prop in a day or two!!!

Hopefully my next venture out will be the one where I don't need to row back LOL

Got the new prop...apparently slim options for this motor.... Merc makes a plastic prop only lol so went with it and will test it out Sunday...final thing that's on the "need to do list" is re-rivet the oarlocks on the boat as a couple rivets have popped.....