Help I have no idea

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQUISHYxFISH

Reaction score
I trying to figure out my motor situation. I have and 14 foot sea nymph row boat. Mainly for cat fish and walleye .I have got a center console into but no motor. I want to put the max on it. Which is 25 hp. I can't decide to put a remote steer engine. But it is hard to find a short shaft transom on it already. Or find a good tiller motor with already a short shaft, and convert it to a remote steer. I don't know what one is cheaper or faster ,kinda on a budget help. Open to anything.

If you're on a budget, get the motor that's setup the way you want. It can be an expensive proposition to convert a motor from tiller steer to remote steer or vice verse. I would think the max motor size would be bigger if you install a remote steer though vs what max would be for a tiller steer.

Surprised you want a console. I have a side console on my boat and wish I had a tiller, simpler set up and cheaper, less things to go wrong. Plus that console takes up a lot of space in a boat.
Tim

Before I built my boat. I had a 9.9 tiller and I do mostly walleye trolling and . I find it hard to control the motor and set up lines and fight the fish at the same time .

Latest posts