yet another question... Bob's tilt and Trim unit...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Stumbled across a deal for a Bob's tilt and trim, for 40hp and lower clamp on engines. The guy that has it bought it 4 years ago, but never even mounted it, due to some health issues. They sell for around $525.00-$575.00 depending on where you look. I can get this for about half that.
I know that Bob's hyd jack plates have a GREAT reputation in the bass boat world. I know the CMC PT-35 is pretty popular. Just wondering if anyone has used the Bob's?

By the way, this is going on a War Eagle 542-FLD, with a 25 Johnson. Thanks for any info...

I worked on a boat recently that had a Bob's on it. Kind of similar to the PT-35. It also used 2 separate relays and a jumble of wiring to run them, and while on the subject, I'd suggest replacing the relays with a winch contactor and be done with it. This one was slightly older and the new ones may be different. The one I messed with was the one that was "all in one" similar to the CMC (actuator built into the the unit). They also make one that has the pump that mounts in the bilge, which takes up precious space on an already cramped area in the 542. You will want to know which one you're dealing with.

I asked the owner how he liked it, he said it works perfect, never a problem.

I did look at their website and saw the power tilt/trim and jackplate combo. That is sweeeet....