new toys

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggoldy

Reaction score
1940 Evinrude Elto Ace 1.8 horse 4351. Broken tiller handle. Anybody have a spare? And the skeg has been broken and repaired with riveted plates. I have what I think is a 'usable' replacement for the skeg.

1952 Johnson 5 horse(seahorse) TN-28. Missing a 'grip' of some sort on the end of the tiller. A few dents on the tank.

Both run well!!!! My plan is to check/replace the impeller on the Johnson then use it. Then.....take my time and rebuild the Elto as close to original as I can.

I've found a few resorces for manuals but still need more. I've rebuilt a couple auto engines in years past but never an outbourd. I'm looking forward to this!DSCF1314.JPG

[url=https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?p=366198#p366198 said:
Pappy » 14 Sep 2014, 15:15[/url]"]Remember the link I gave you in the other post??
That is your gold mine, your Garden of Eden, your plethora of goodness, your horn of plenty.......
Go there and be happy!!

Couple of good looking engines by the way!
Heh,heh,heh...you said 'plethora'...:)
I have the link. Probably join the group next week. Nothing going on in this end of Fl, tho.

"Showroom Fresh" That's very nice. Did you do the paint and prep as well?
I believe I'll open up the bottom end of mine this week and check out the water pump, build a motor stand, and pick up a new garbage can....um, I mean 'test tank'. Oh yeah, register the boat, too. :(

Motor stand is built, and I opened the bottom end of the Johnson. I found the impeller to be new, like the PO said, but there's water in the gear oil and no grommit at the water tube/pump connection. I wasn't looking forward to messing with the clutch mechinism but that turned out to be 'no big deal'. Everything else looked great! No corrosion at all. Now, I need to find seals and gaskets. I'm hoping the folks at AOBMCI(did I get that right?) can point me in the right direction. After I get a password of course. I know it takes awhile in a volunteer outfit. I haven't had my hands in a motor for a very long time.......it felt good!

Latest posts