VRO conversion on "99 Johnson not possible?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCgar

Reaction score
Darn VRO broke, I mean a piece actually broke off so it's wothless now. Anyway, I'd read how countless other vro owners were able to put a standard fuel pump instead and I wanted to do the same ' cause funds are limited. I ordered the new replacement pump (OEM 0438559) just to find out that i can't do the conversion on mine cause it has the "fuel component bracket" with the vapor seperator on it and it doesn't have a hose connection i need for the fuel out from the pump. The vro fuel out fitting has o-rings and just stabs in the bracket directly . Just curious why previous motors (pre '97 i think) didn't have the vapor separatos. Does anyone know of another way to connect a standard fuel pump to this? [-o<
1999 Johnson 115 J115PLEEM
https://www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php?year=1999&hp=115&model=J115PLEEM&manufacturer=Johnson&section=Fuel+Bracket+%26amp%3B+Components

Stayed up half the night surfing web and found one that'll work on mine. Just wanted to post in case it might help someone else. Thanks
offshoremarineparts.com/8402-460.html

Latest posts