Old motor on new boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbbgood

Reaction score
I have this old bassboat that has been sitting for about 25 years. The boat is an old Glasstream I bought back in 84 and it has seen better days. Stepped in it and broke thru the floor. Plywood rotten and I don't think I can fix it. The thing is it has an 80 hp merc that has good compression but has a few wires burnt from a weekend out of town and I forgot to pull the plug and it rained a lot and got over the battery's and fried some wires. It still ran at the time but over time it got worse just sitting. Wires can be replaced. Mice got in the motor and ate 2 plug wires, no problem. They can be replaced. My question is what do I do to make sure I don't hurt it getting it started back up. I am trying to get an aluminum boat, staying cheap as I can and probably a jet on it. I figure I need to spray some stuff into the cylinders but What?

You want to pull the sparkplugs and spray "Fogging oil" into the sparkplug holes.

Latest posts