need help on 1999 evinrude 90 with ficht ram injection

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerseyjimk

Reaction score
what i would like to know,are they reliable motors and how is the injection system ? thanks for any help jim

We have a ton of them still in service down here. Main issues I see are the ones that are only used seasonally by our Snowbirds. The gasoline goes bad and they try and start them on the bad fuel. That gets expensive in a hurry but so does any injected outboard when that happens. Injectors, high pressure pumps, etc. all suffer from bad fuel. No manufacturer is immune to it.
If the engine has been used frequently and is in good running condition it would be as reliable as anything out there.

FICHT=
fix inspect check hone and tighten

Newer ones were slightly better. Say, 2000/2001 year model and newer. Older ones....unfortunately I had the misfortune of having to work on a few engines that were controlled by FICHT. Total nightmare and glad I'm out of that business. They ran good. When they ran. Out of that business since late 2003/early 2004. Oddly never did much with the 01's and newer. Other than a few overhauls from water intrusion and that sorta thing.

Latest posts