need info on this JC PENNEY MOTOR ASAP

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnethery8513

Reaction score
I'm trying to sell my boat motor, im pretty sure its a jcpenney 6 horsepower. the model number is wore out all i can read is 1000 at the end, and the serial starts with 57 i think and cant read the rest. New York NY 10019, air cooled engine thats all i can read off the tag. I was just wondering if anyone knew more about it then me so i can have a description when i put it up for sale. And I was thinking of asking $200 do you think thats a fair price? Or to hi or to low? Any advice will help me!
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 1520.jpg
    1520.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,233
From what I read, most of the store brands of that era were built by OMC. Basicly just renamed evinrudes or Johnsons. Maybe look at older OMCs and see which one matches up. Then you can order parts that way.

Model number may be on the transon clamp AND should be stamped into block somewhere.
Hope it's ok to plug another forum.......aomci.org.....look for 'ask a member' and post your picture there. They may be able to help.

That's an possibly, Eska built engine. Looks just like the smaller motors that were sold by Sears, Wards, JC Pnny, etc. I have a Sears Gamefisher 3.5 HP and a Sears Ted Williams 4.5 HP that looks just like the motor in your pic. Look on the transom mount for a placard that has the model # and serial #.

$200 !

You must be kidding, that there is VINTAGE ANTIQUE type thing.

Here is how you advertise it.

FOR SALE: Like new vintage antique collector item outboard for sale, one owner (my deer sweet departed dad), runs great, at least it did last time I ran it. Brand new impeller (I know air cooled but...) pumps water like a fire hose. Carb needs cleaning, easy fix. Uses used motor oil as a premix at 20:1 ratio. Will sacrifice for $999 , cash only. Free tank and hose with it, condition unknown, also vintage antique. No low ballers. Built when motors were solid, not that cheap 4cycle half plastic crap they sell nowadays for 10 times more.

Or this one which I just copied out of craigslist word for word

The motor was still working last year when checked. This is a perfect project piece, and would look beautiful if cleaned and tuned up to compliment a vintage boat. This is a very cool motor, and are a niche collector item. I've seen them cleaned up and sold for a pretty penny on Ebay, I'm pricing this one low to go.

earl60446 said:
$200 !

You must be kidding, that there is VINTAGE ANTIQUE type thing.

Here is how you advertise it.

FOR SALE: Like new vintage antique collector item outboard for sale, one owner (my deer sweet departed dad), runs great, at least it did last time I ran it. Brand new impeller (I know air cooled but...) pumps water like a fire hose. Carb needs cleaning, easy fix. Uses used motor oil as a premix at 20:1 ratio. Will sacrifice for $999 , cash only. Free tank and hose with it, condition unknown, also vintage antique. No low ballers. Built when motors were solid, not that cheap 4cycle half plastic crap they sell nowadays for 10 times more.

Or this one which I just copied out of craigslist word for word

The motor was still working last year when checked. This is a perfect project piece, and would look beautiful if cleaned and tuned up to compliment a vintage boat. This is a very cool motor, and are a niche collector item. I've seen them cleaned up and sold for a pretty penny on Ebay, I'm pricing this one low to go.

Attachments

• likebutton1.jpg
    likebutton1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,126

Latest posts