Fair market value for used outboard motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpjackson

Reaction score
New to this group, I thought I might ask where I could find information on fair market value
of my 1972 9.8 hp Evinrude Sportwin. It was serviced this summer with new points, plugs, & condenser. They installed a new fuel pump and water pump. It has been sitting in my basement
since I replaced it with a new Prokicker 15 hp Mercury.

Thanks. I wasnt sure NADA went that far back. Other factors include the time of year it is being sold, and sellers location.

You're right about location and time of year, two big factors. Check craigslist for your area and see what people are asking for theirs. Remember though, just because they are "asking" a certain amount on craigslist doesn't mean it's "worth" that much or that it will sell for that. I've found that most people inflate their prices when posting on craigslist, so keep that in mind when trying to figure out a price to ask.

My experience selling motors says condition means more than any other single factor. An Evinrude 9.5hp can be worth anywhere from .15 per pound(scrap) all the way up to $1000 if you have a "new-in-box" or "like-new" unit. The value of yours could lean more one way than the other. How does it look? How does it run? How good are you at advertising/presenting the motor?