1998 Mercury 50 buzzer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PerryVelton

Reaction score
The previous owner of my boat disconnected the electronic oil injection (I don't blame him because I don't trust them myself). Before I took the motor off the boat to repaint my boat, the buzzer never came on. Now that I have put the motor back on and hooked all my hoses and wires back together, soon as I turn the key to the ON position the buzzer stays on constantly no matter if I crank the motor or not till I turn the key back to the OFF position.

I'm question is why would it come on now if it never came on before? How can I shut it off but still keep it functional for the thermostat incase it were to over heat?

Why didn't it come on before? I put all wires back exactly where they came from because I had them all labeled.

It worked. I followed the two wires out the bottom on the oil reservoir to a butt connecter and just pulled one apart. No more buzzing!

I think the injetion alarm and overheat alarm are in the same module. My oil injection doesn't work so I disconnected those wires. The oil gives the beep beep beep alarm. Then one day, the overheat kicked in with a constant beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep but the motor was cool and it was pumping water fine. I thought it was the temp sensor, but I got the same long beep with the new sensor. So it's the alarm module that went bad. I barely run the boat for 15 minutes at a time so I'm not too worried about it. I always keep an eye on the water being pumped as well. I'll probably get a new alarm module in the spring, no hurry right now with the boat being stored for the winter.

Latest posts