15 hp force

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardwatergrampa

Reaction score
i have a chance to trade a 4 horse johson for a 15 hp force motor havent heard a lot of good about the force motors any input on how relieable the force motors are

There is no way I would trade a Johnson for a Force. Buying it as a second motor may be a possibility, but you would probably regret losing the Johnson. But, I would still stay away from Force motors anyway. They were a fairly low budget motor, and you get what you pay for. Parts are not readily available, and you will have to expect to do any repair or maintenance yourself, as many shops won't service them.

I had a friend that had a force 125 he had the boat for 6 years never had any trouble. i fish with other guys who had mercs rudes Johnson's and yammys they all said that force sucked. i was in several of the other boats that broke down on the water causing me to miss a few weigh ins while my friend with his force motor cashed another check.
if the motor was taken care of and you take care of it you will be fine.
if you want the bigger motor go for it

Run, don't walk away from that deal.

Force engines are horrible. Every single person that I personally know that has owned one has had some pretty serious problems out of them.

Redbug, it isn't the motors fault that the Johnsons and Mercs left you stranded, and the Force didn't. What was the deciding factor more than likely was how the motor was cared for. Now, when something does break, and it will, no matter what the make or model is, is where the Johnson will shine, as parts are readily available, and cheap (used relatively, as marine anything isn't cheap). And, the Force isn't going to last as long. It may run fine till it dies, but the fact of the matter is, it will wear out sooner, due to cheaper parts and design.

Heard that it may be hard to get parts but if the outboard is 10-15 years old it must of worked out most of it's problems and might be a good one.

Latest posts