Oops/ replacement

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgpjr49

Reaction score
Well boys i got in a fender bender this weekend heading to the river and my buddy ran into the back of my boatImageUploadedByTapatalk1422238422.754036.jpg were both okay he's truck had a little cosmetic damage but my outboard took most of the damage. Idk if y'all can tell from the picture the whole lower unit is bent royally and I'm not sure what else is wrong. I'm going to take it to the shop an see what they say. It's a Johnson 25 TECCA, I was wondering what Outboard should I get if this one is totalled?

Too many variables. Do you prefer 2 stroke or 4 stroke, did the 25hp move your boat fast enough or were you looking for more speed. Do you prefer one brand over another, etc, etc, etc.

That's too bad.
I can't say I know how you feel because thats one thing that's never happened to me, yet.

If you liked that motor, look for one just like it. You will have parts.

If insurance is getting involved, they will try to take the engine(if totaled). Owner has 1st salvage rights, not the ins co.

That may not be too bad to fix. Just depends on what's broken/bent. Probably lower mounts for sure, but can't see the clamp and swivel brackets. What usually totals the small motors is not so much the parts, but the labor if a shop does it. A clamp bracket replacement can be time consuming.

No my buddy ran into me while I was at a stop sign. I love the little motor, and were not getting insurance involved. He is going to replace it out of pocket. Were both in college and we didn't want our insurance to go up right before we are out on our true own picking up the bills.

Was texting involved? Radio? Drugs? Horsing around? Food? Drink?
The lightning fast reflexes of youth don't help unless the youth remembers to PAY ATTENTION.
This lesson was learned at a relatively cheap price. Looking back, my lesson cost me a lot more.
The best way to learn this lesson is from someone else's experience.

Latest posts