gale buccaneer with integal Fuel tank

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doubt there is a fuel pump if the engine has an integral tank so that limits you right there.
Secondly, if the Gale is that old with the integral tank it is either a 3hp or a 5hp. Both should be run on a 24:1 mix at the least. New impeller should be installed as well as a check of the seals in the lower unit.
Both Gales mentioned are excellent runners and will last a long time if you run the mix outlined and do your maintenance.

When this motor was new and utilizing an external tank was it a 2 line fuel line?
It looks like it may have been updated to a fuel pump.

Rats...forgot about the 12hp!
No reason to not run the integral fuel tank and by-pass the pump. Make sure the engine will hold WOT without surging when you get it going. If it surges then check for restrictions as outlined below.
Have you pulled the pick up out of the tank to make sure it is clean and the screen is clean?
How about the shut off valve...pull that apart as well and clean as necessary.
If the tank is spotless and you have a screen in the pick up you shouldn't need an external filter.
Also...you may want to peruse the pages of www.aomci.org for parts and information on that engine as needed.

Pappy said:
Rats...forgot about the 12hp!
No reason to not run the integral fuel tank and by-pass the pump. Make sure the engine will hold WOT without surging when you get it going. If it surges then check for restrictions as outlined below.
Have you pulled the pick up out of the tank to make sure it is clean and the screen is clean?
How about the shut off valve...pull that apart as well and clean as necessary.
If the tank is spotless and you have a screen in the pick up you shouldn't need an external filter.
Also...you may want to peruse the pages of https://www.aomci.org for parts and information on that engine as needed.

Thank you the tank is very clean, I just got new fuel lines and cleaned out the carb tonight hopefully will have this old girl running tomorrow. The motor will be going on a 15ft gregor. I have a feeling it will be a lil small for the boat but I couldn't be the price I got.... FREEEE!!!

Gregors are rare around here too(MA/CT). I bought and sold one 6-8 years ago and was very impressed at the construction. It was the only one I've seen so far. It is on the list of things 'I shoulda kept'.

Latest posts