'81 Mariner 25hp WOT RPM Range

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolina

Reaction score
I have a 1981 Mariner (Yamaha built) 25hp motor. It's a short shaft tiller with E-start. It's a 695 model 25C with the thru-prop exhaust. I can give more info if needed. I can't seem to find a reliable range for the max RPM at WOT for this motor. I'm trying to get it set up right and need this info. Anyone have any resources?

I "think" they were the same as the "C" class Yamaha's. If that is the case, and if my memory is correct, recommended RPM range was 4500 to 5500. I only remember the Yamaha's, been a long time since I messed with Mariner's so you'll want to double check those figured with someone more familiar with Mariner.

Carolina said:
Cliff, where did you find the manual? Would love to have a copy.

Now that's a good question!

It was a long, long time ago in a land far, far away...

Honestly, I can't even think of the name of that filesharing app anymore! :roll:

BTW, Mercurys and Mariners are the same, right? Kind of like Evinrudes and Johnsons? The info is out of a Merc manual.

Well I just answered my own question by accident while glancing at a pdf file titled "Ultimate Outboard Model Year Identification Guide". If Mariners come from Japan while Mercs come from the USA and Europe then they are clearly not the same, not even almost the same. Someone once told me they were, and having two manuals that say Mercury and Mariner on the cover seemed to support that. However, I have never had to look past the cover on those two books yet.

With all the confusion that having others make your products can cause, I wonder how Sears did so well?

Latest posts