anyone know much about these old sea kings

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobessary

Reaction score
hey i got a new outboard for my boat its a mint condition 1960 sea king 15hp only cost 125 bucks anyone know much about these engines i know who makes it i just want to know how reliable the motor is things like that

Those Sea Kings were made under Gale motors, which were an OMC company up until 1963. In 1964, they were a Chrysler company. I am told that the 15 horse Sea King up to 1963 is a real close match to a 1956 15 horse Johnson/Evinrude but has a fiberglass hood, and other minor differences. They were set to run at 24:1 oil mix, but with todays modern TCW3 oils, some people decide to run them 50:1. I personally would keep with 24:1, and if I really got to know the motor, and find out what it likes, I might jump up to 32:1. But, chances are, if I owned one, I would fill it out of my 24:1 can, as opposed to my 32:1 can. (Wait, I don't have a can designated for 32:1 :roll: )

the older ones wer babit berring like a car the 50 to1 mix is far the roller berrings tipe rod berrings . stay with the 24 to 1 if that is what is recomended .

Latest posts