Stator? Electric or manual? How to know?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshua99ta

Reaction score
Guys in looking to change the stator and trigger on my old mercury 45/50hp. It's a mid-late 80s model. The wiring is old and corroded really bad and insulation is starting to break down.

I've looked around and found the factory part numbers but I boats lists a manual and an electric. I'm going to pull the old one this week and I wanted to try to have the new one ready to go back on when I get the old one off.

Is there anything that would help me figure out which one I need?

Please don't tell me its that simple! Its an electric start. I'm kind of new to the outboard stuff. Been building engines for years on atvs and race cars but I've always had easy access to the information I was looking for or the internet was always easy to find info on. Boats/marine stuff hasn't been that easy to acquire info for me.

Thanks for the info.

I really feel like an idiot but I guess it happens to us all sometimes.

I haven't ordered this stuff yet b/c I almost lost a finger last week while working on an old pontoon boat I picked up pretty cheap. So I have been back and fourth with doctor visits and other stuff getting ready for surgery Friday to try to close this finger up.

Latest posts