Cmc pt-35 tilt and trim

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigben

Reaction score
I have a cmc pt-35 tilt and trim that the shaft seal is leaking and there parts and service will only sell you a new actuator is there some where I can buy a shaft seal without buying a new actuator surely someone repairs these things

I had one on my last boat. I took it apart very carefully on a clean bench. Watch for locations on the two checkballs, critical that they go back in the same spot. All of the seals are standard O rings which are available from many sources. I carried all of mine to a hydraulic parts company and they gave me a complete set of what I needed for $15.

I am a service tech for Raymond lift trucks (electric/hydraulic forklifts). As mentioned above, simply disasemble slowly. Taking pictures if necessary. If it does indeed use O-Rings ,get yourself a cheap pick set from harbor freight or Sears. Use the curved pick in the kit and VERY CARFULLY pierce the O-rings or try to go behind them and pull them out. Then go to a place like Catching Fluid Power, a hydraulic hose and hydraulic component dealer. Or possibly a local mom and pop implement shop. They will have what you need.

Not that I am trying to discredit the above comment, but, I have never seen o-rings in a high pressure hydraulic cylinder. Typically there is a wiper seal on top of the tube then a hydraulic cup type seal. Then again I have zero experience with CMC TT units. So I would trust the above comment over mine.

Hopefully it is o-rings. If that is the case, this is a fairly simple repair. Another good piece of advice was to do this on a clean surface. Possibly even in a baking pan so you don't loose any components. Also, use only lint free rags or paper towels. The lint can clog the orificaes in the manifold or valve assembly.

I've been having trouble with my CMC tilt and trim as well, and sucks that they won't sell you replacement parts or provide any type of diagram to disassemble.

When you guys all took it apart, which screw/bolts did you remove first?

CMC buys the actuator complete from another company. Probably offshore. Therefore, CMC doesn't offer a single part for the actuator. Someday I'll find out who they get the actuators from and see if they sell any parts for them. CMC is tight lipped about it, so I'm on my own in finding them.

Latest posts