how big of a trolling motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

01explorerrick

Reaction score
i dont have a whole lot of money to spend but i need a trolling motor to get in the water....i have a 15ft flat bottom aluminum jon boat..how much lb-thrust do i need to decently get around on the inland lands..i was looking at a 50 lb-thrust endura would that be enough??

I think 54#'s is the highest you can go anyway on 12v (1 battery). So if your budget is low and you can get that 50...go for it. It will be fine, unless your going upriver with 15 mph winds coming at you LOL!

thanks for reply...now i planning on running a couple of batteries in the boat so i can be out longer(father in law works on wheel chairs great boat batteries!) i cant run that endura on a 24 volt system can i??

That I am not sure of...You can run the 12volt batteries in parallel for longer run times. This link might help you (It links another topic too)

https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3670&p=35762&hilit=parallel#p35762

i have a 14 foot wide jon, and a piece of crap 34lb troller on the back
its not FAST but it gets me across my lake just fine

at least until i mount my 50# in front

Latest posts