20hp to 15hp carb swap? 2014 Nissan outboard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmjerrystl

Reaction score
I have seen previous threads, most old about swapping carbs from the 20 to the 15hp. Does anyone have any real knowledge or suggestions here to get any more power out of this thing that be great. Boat runs 25mph and I have added extra weight over the winter and don't want to loose any speed, or possibly gain top end would be optimal. thanks

No, rather there may not be many here that do that. The best forums in the world for boosting OBs is the Scream&Fly forums.

But what I do is go to the schematics for the make, model and year on sites like boats.net and compare the carbs and inlet manifolds. Many times the jets are the same and a restrictor is placed in the lower HP motor.

You may want to try a hydrofoil attached to your outboard. It may not improve topend speed, but it probably will improve hole shot.

checked scream and fly seems to be mostly for big boy motors lol boat is a 14' v bottom tin, 15hp Nissan.

Checked scream & fly, seems to be mostly for big boy engines haha. Boat is a 14ft v bottom. I did find a websites where I can order everything down to the carb jets? Wish I knew more about them what was easy to swap with out screwing something up!

jdmjerrystl said:
I guess I just cant leave anything with a engine stock.

LMAO , I hear ya. Don't give up somebody somewhere knows about it. People tend to forget how "Triple Duse's" came into being. In the 70's they were called Six Packs.
"

Im sure with the right amount of cash I could find a performace shop to tweak it etc. but that's why I have a tin boat and not a 24ft skater... yet. lol

Latest posts