Suzuki dt6 questions ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bestshooter

Reaction score
I just bought a Jon boat with a suzuki dt6. If anyone has one of these or knows about them I have a few questions . First where is the kill switch on it ? I just can not find it . .. Next where do you change or fill the gear oil on it ? What is the normal maintainence I should do on it yearly ?

Thanks

I just did a Google search on that OB and there are a few YouTube videos of oil changes.

This link for model years 1992-2002 just seems to how a stop switch: https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc/pdf/DT6%2886-02%29.pdf, however the schematic w/ controls shows an emergency kill lanyard on the control box, so I believe it could be possible to rig a kill lanyard in place of the basic stop switch.

Either just grounds out the motor to stop it and I know that the small 2.5hp OBs that I have had (Nissan) have had a combo ignition kill lanyard/stop switch assy.

You don't happen to have any of those links do you . I couldn't find anything on it . Only videos I could find are impeller changes and carb cleanings and running in a bucket . Sorry if I sound stupid , I probably am .

Thanks

Also if anyone knows how to decipher the serial number to get year , id appreciate it .

The sn is 00601 509538.

I believe from my searching it is 1985 but want to double check .

Latest posts