1978 9.9 Evinrude 10824M

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pymybob

Reaction score
Here's another motor that just came up for sale. It's a 1978 9.9 Evinrude 10824M with CD Ignition, Modern Mag Flash.

Anyone have any insight on this motor with and past history? I'd be putting it on my Sea Nymph 14R. From what I've read online, the carb can be swapped out for a 15hp which I like and the price is right - under 500. Hoping to get it for 400! :D

I never owned one, but I've heard Leroy's Ramblings is a good reference for 9.9/15 motors.

https://www.leeroysramblings.com/Outboard%20Motor%20Related/OMC%20outboard%20related%20articles.html

What's not to like about them. Pretty bulletproof.
As far as the 15hp carb goes, that is only part of where the HP comes from. Will give you the bulk but not all.
To achieve the full horsepower on that engine you also need to shim the reeds and swap the lowly exhaust pipe
for the megaphone style exhaust tuner.

HAHAHA I saw this a million times. I scour that website like I get paid to, I love looking around on it at what deal I missed by buying my boat. Lol

Too late. I always overthink everything and miss out on the deals. Sooner or later I'll make my SCORE!

pym,

You have to look at CR every day. Seriously.

I just recently picked up a 1982 15 HP Johnson for $200. Needs some TLC but I have 120/120 compression and good spark jump on both coils. We can get these things running if we have these functions.

Remember, compression test on both cylinders, and use a spark tester to check for a good 1/2" gap jump minimum.

CMOS :mrgreen:

Latest posts