1990 25hp johnson

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacks0n18

Reaction score
hi im trying to figure out what gear case oil I should use for my 1990 25hp Johnson model number J25RESB. does anyone have this information or the same motor that can tell me what they used? thanks for the help in advance

They are all generally the same.
Use whatever name brand you prefer. Just the generic 80W-90 gear oil.
oil.jpg
If you are going to keep that motor, it is HIGHLY recommended you get
a shop manual for it. Scheduled preventative maintenance is priceless.
Using the wrong stuff could wreck your motor.

and a hearty :WELCOME: to the big pond

I was just making sure. im actually getting ready to trade my dad for his 9 hp motor that's he uses on his 16 ft jon boat. the 25 hp motor is to much for my 14 ft jon boat even thou I love flying across the water with it in a straight line lol turns are a different story plus the boats only rated for a 20 hp I believe. thanks I will definitely get one for my dads motor

idk the previous owner said he did it before he sold it to me and I didn't ask what he used. just trying to change it for the new season and since im trading my dad to so he doesn't have to worry about. this would be the first time im changing it I haven't used it that much seeing that ive been on a deployment for most of the fishing seasons last year

because you don't use a motor that much is just more the reason to at least
CHECK the oil level in the foot. An unnoticeable leak could ruin your gears
should it run dry.

maintenance !!! just like you check the fluids in your car.

there are MANY good videos on YouTube on how to change the lower unit oil on an outboard.

Latest posts