trolling motor dilema

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coreyprashaw

Reaction score
I have no room for 2 batteries on my 16 foot duracraft bass boat. Unless I run extension wires which will cut my amps. Will a 55 be sufficient with this boat?

You can have both trolling batteries in the stern (if you want) as long as you run proper ga. cables. Most of the larger bass boats are that way from the factory. Whats the problem?
Don't know the proper size? Google is your friend. There are charts for you.

Well....if it helps, I run a 45# MG on my 15'6" fiberglass Gheenoe Classic with good results.
If you want to place your batteries anywhere else in your boat, do it. No (significant) loss as long as you run sufficient cables. You stated running them somewhere else with extension cables would drop your amps. Not so if you simply do it right.

Yea a 55 will be fine.
They used to be great for all boats back when that was the largest size they made. :mrgreen:
Now days every one think they need the largest they can buy for some reason.

I use a 55(1 battery,#27)on a 1652, works for my style fishing. I'm normally always moving, it always blows here and a normal day would be 6-7 hours.

Latest posts