New Suzuki

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddywaders

Reaction score
Anybody own the new Suzuki 25/30hp efi motor?Been scouring the net for a review thats not from a salesman or Suzuki rep. Any sites that I could try?

You probably already seen the youtube videos. I also found an Australian site(dealer) but still seen the outboard in use...the 40hp as well. Microskiff has a little reveiw on their site...some capt.has one on his flats boat. And finally theres scoobeed(I think) on this site, he had new boat troubles and hasnt had it on the water yet...he thinks next Wed.

I purchaced a 30hp long shaft tilt/trim in March of this year over the internet from a west coast boat mfg/dealer. It arrived in good shape on a steel pallet with foam and cardboard packing. I mounted it on a 16ft. Xpress DB 20"transom. I picked this moter because it is lighter in weight than everything else I looked at and hundreds of dollars cheaper but still a respectable brand. This is my second boat which I only use for fishing and duck hunting late fall, winter untill river is frozen and spring untill the floats are back in the water. If this were my primary boat used many more hrs. I would probably have spent the exta dollars and bought a Yamaha. That having been said, this seems to be a great deal for the money. I only have about 20 hrs. on the motor but like everything so far. It starts and runs great and is quiet. I do my own oil changes etc. and it looks easy to do normal care things. Power seems adequate. With the stock prop it comes up on plane OK and topped out at 27MPH GPS. If I used the boat more I'd put a hydrofoil on it and look at prop options although there don't seem to be many props made for it yet. It seems very fuel efficient based on my usage so far but just a casual observation not a measured study. Time will tell how it holds up but I'm optomistic and have a 6yr. warranty. Why would I buy a Yamaha instead for my primary boat? Well I sold industrial equipment and like "heavy iron" slow speed stuff for long life. Based on that criteria a 30/40HP makes a better 30 than a 25/30 for long life. My 19ft deep V walleye boat has 150 and 9.9 yamahas on it. You be the judge and good luck with your choice.

Latest posts