Trouble finding a service manual for two-stroke Mariner 25

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

safetyfast

Reaction score
Just got my first boat and motor. I want to be sure and take care of it, so I'm trying to find a factory service manual. I've found some manuals on line, but all of the mercury/Mariner manuals I've found for the 25 hp two-stroke are for serial numbers starting with 0G. Mine starts with 0C22, which according to Mariner's website, makes it a 1990 model. I've searched ebay. It also shows plenty of 0G serial number manuals, but none for 0C.

Any Mercury dealer will have a phone number for service manuals. No experience with anything but automotive but they run about $100-$150 for Ford or Chrysler.

I have a whole bunch of old Mariner manuals at work, but nothing for the 25's. Mostly 90hp and up. Should be able to find one....even a seloc brand manual would be better than nothing. Mercury may not offer a new manual for your motor and if that's the case, you'd have to find an aftermarket one.

you can call mercury/mariner service & support and order one, but when I checked for my 1984/85 mariner 20hp it would have been $75