Where to buy used four stroke?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badtomatoes

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I've got an old Sea Nymph with a 2 stroke 70hp Evinrude. It pushes my boat just fine, but I'd reeeaaally like to have a newer four stroke on it.

The boat is rated for 90hp, so ideally I'd like to max it out. New outboards are way too expensive in my opinion... That being said, can anyone recommend a trustworthy place that has a good selection of used outboards? I've searched Craigslist and ebay but haven't had much luck. Lots of BS'ers on CL it seems anyway.

I live in Illinois and would be willing to travel up to a few hundred miles if I had to.

Looking forward to hearing back!
Thanks!!!

CL will probably still be your best bet, but you've got to watch it every single day. If a decent deal comes up, they go fast!

CMOS

Leave your name at a repair shop, sometimes people want an upgrade or they dont pickup fixed outboards.

when I decided what I wanted, I left my info and what I wanted exactly and my max $$ figure with every shop around. Within 2 weeks I got a call about a trade in motor that was exactly what I wanted.

Latest posts