Interesting Dilemma!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eriecrappie33

Reaction score
So i have been looking for a newer outboard for my 16ft starcraft. I currently have a 1988 60hp mariner that runs great but no power trim.... I have Been searching high and low for a newer outboard for a year with no luck. I started thinking about even just getting a cmc power trim for my current motor but im not liking how it would sit on the transom. SOOOO I stop into my outboard mechanics shop and he tells me he has a 1990 60hp with power trim ready for a new home and hes looking to get $1800 for it. My thinking is sell mine for Around $1000 and buy his and get a 2 year newer motor AND power trim for the same price as adding power trim to the old one. Not to mention he is familiar with the motor hes going to sell me if it ever needed work though it shouldn't because hes a very good Honest mechanic and went over the whole thing. Any thoughts or opinions????

I guess i forgot to mention the motor he has is the exact motor i have except his is a 1990 60 hp ELPTO. Next thing i guess is to do some more research on pitch for a prop for this new motor.

Latest posts