Serial # on Force/Mercury 40hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ditchdoc5739

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 40hp Force by Mercury outboard. The previous owner had painted over the serial number sticker on the bracket. When he tried to clean the paint off the serial number came with it. Is there anywhere else on the motor where I could find a serial number?

TexasLoneStar56 said:
Look on top of the block. Do you see a number stamped in it?
Yeah neither appear to be a serial #

Attachments

• IMG_20150615_233312605.jpg
    IMG_20150615_233312605.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 577
Huntinfool is knowledgeable on those numbers. You can bet the serial number is stamped on the block, somewhere.

Good luck!

UPDATE:

I googled "Force R202414". It came up in the marine engine site as a serial number. So, there ya go!

SN R202414

The other number "081485 or 95" is either a model number or a part number. You can research it more on the marine engine site.

My google-fu must've gotten real weak I've googled every number I can find and none of them return a thing.

ditchdoc5739 said:
My google-fu must've gotten real weak I've googled every number I can find and none of them return a thing.

Did you type in "Force" then the serial number? I'll see if I can pull it backup for you and post you the link.

Latest posts