early 90's Merc 15 hp carb kit-help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTechTJ

Reaction score
Just got the carb kit back from West Marine after a two week wait and I think the kit is wrong. My carb has a cylindrical case and the kit came with a wide square float. Im thinking he just ordered one for a newer model. My Merc's Model# is 0G090860 best I can tell it is the early 90s. Can anyone tell me the correct part number for the rebuild kit? I have everything else waiting to go but Im not tearing into it with the incorrect kit. Thanks.

I believe in supporting my local dealers where & when I can, especially if small Mom & Pop outfits. And I would NEVER order an engine part from WM and expect to get the right one, as parts are not their specialty.

But I recognize that not everyone has a good local dealer or good local dealer for their specific brand of motor, so for those instances I highly recommend using this boats.net search for OB parts. If/when forced to buy from on-line, that's where I buy my parts.

https://www.boats.net/parts/search/MercuryMarine/0G090860/497/90/Carb%2815%29%28USA-S-N-0G112449-BEL-S-N-9831799%20%26%20Below%29/parts.html

Just what I was looking for!!! I completely agree with supporting local. I tried a two different shops neither specialized in Merc before I settled on WM. Now I just need to wait for it to get here, successfully rebuild the carb, and try and start the **** thing. Thanks again for your help!

Latest posts