1994 25hp Evinrude ?'s

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miketheknife

Reaction score
Just purchased a 1994 25hp Evinrude E25RER this past Monday. The compression was 118# on both cylinders. Ran it in a barrel and it started on the second pull and it idled smoothly and revved up well in gear. Ordered a service manual and plugs that arrived today. The current 11x9 prop is dinged a bit and I need a new prop. The boat is a 1968 Rich Line Guide 15'-8" long, 60" beam, 52"x15" transom. Total weight with 2 persons and equipment is about 900# w/o motor. Need suggestions as to what prop to purchase. Don't need a speed demon, just a good all around prop.
I also want to get a tach to set idle speed and check wot. Need something that will work for this motor for not a lot of money.
All input is welcome.
Mike

I'd say you would be just fine sticking with a 11x9 prop or even a 10.5x11 should suffice.

There is a ton of difference in the two props mentioned above.

How about running the boat and trying to obtain an RPM reading.
If that is possible we can give you a pretty good idea on what prop will be needed.
Also, depending on the damage to the existing prop you can have it sent off and repaired from almost any marine dealer.
Props are usually sent off and received back inside of a week.

Pappy, that's why I need recommendations on which tach to purchase. I had planned on checking the wot rpm with the current prop. Going clean up the dings some with some 220gr on a block. Have to order some small items for the motor Monday and wanted to get a tach also.
Mike

Those are the 2 sizes I use on my 15' BlueFin with a 25 Mariner. Both props keep my motor happy with only a 300rpm difference according to my tach hence my suggestion.

Not knocking your suggestion Wyatt but you are running a different brand engine, a different boat, the engine has a different gear ratio and the propellers on that brand are a different design as well.
Nice thing is that there are a multitude of OEM and aftermarket props once we get an idea of what the boat/engine is doing with the existing prop.

miketheknife said:
I also want to get a tach to set idle speed and check wot. Need something that will work for this motor for not a lot of money.
All input is welcome.
Mike

I picked-up a Tiny Tach (knock-off) for under $15 on ebay shipped to my door.
Its easy to install and gets the job done.