How long can a fuel line be?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dstrickland

Reaction score
I am trying to move some weight to front of the boat, I have a 14ft aluminum and the middle bench had lids that open to 2 compartments. If I move my gas can there it will add an extra 4ft to the current length of the line. Would that cause problems with the fuel flow? Gonna move the trolling battery to the other one, gonna be nice to have some leg room finally.

I would imagine with anything that involves adding length like that it would make it a bit tougher to get fuel but if you have a good connection and pump enough you would be fine.

I now my fuel line is fairly long as I have my tank near the middle and it works fine.

If you're going to have the battery and the fuel in the same enclosed space (even if there's a partition) you should add vents to the compartments.

There is about a 2" hole in each compartment that I was gonna run the line through. That boat is so heavy and then I add me, the fuel tank and battery to the back it struggle for any speed. But then again I am not skiing. Lol

I have about 12 foot of 3/8" fuel line on my 14' jon with a 25hp motor.

Ive got my battery in the front and my fuel tank in the middle of my 14' and it balanced out great.

14' delhi 8hp evenfude

Latest posts