gasket material

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddywaders

Reaction score
In the process of tuning a 15hp Johnson and have discovered fuel leakage from carb bowl gasket.New gasket at store costs $18 versus $23 for entire carb kit if I get online.Float,valve and other gaskets are like new and would like to hold off on kit until I decide to sell motor.Was wondering where I could get fuel resistant material to make my own gasket.The boys at NAPA were no help.

what ??? the person at NAPA that said that needs go back to flipping burgers.
any parts store sells a variety of gasket material in different thicknesses for different applications.
either ask another person or go to a different parts store.

https://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Gasket-Material-Karropak-Pliable-Chemically-Treated-Fibrous-Sheet-/_/R-FPB3046_0438967476

"flipping burgers" hahaha

As mentioned any auto parts store has gasket material. I would go to a different place; not only 'cause I don't like Napa, but it appears that they hire morons, too.

Thanks guys I think I'll do some more asking around.Dont want to disparage Napa or its employees as some are quite knowledgable and helpfull.They do sell gasket materials of fibre,rubber/cork but nothing like the thin neopreney stuff.Maybe I'm not talking to the right guy or if I knew the exact product name?

well, you said it was for the carb bowl gasket.
This is a 1/32 or 1/16" fuel resistant fiber gasket. Not neoprene.
I just checked a 25hp Johnson carb I have here in the house and it is the 1/16" fiber gasket.
Unless I have been doing it wrong all these years (which is entirely possible).

unless - - - you are talking about an O-Ring gasket ??

NAPA may even have the bowl gasket for your very motor. My local NAPA is a big boat motor repair part dealer. They don't advertise it to the world but they have all kinds of boat motor parts.

As for gasket materials there are a million different types. I have used anything from paper bags and on up. You have to get the correct type for your specific project.

Latest posts