Help on new 4 stroke

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fordracing2105

Reaction score
I'm looking at some new 115hp four strokes. I have it narrowed down to a merc and a Suzuki. The Suzuki has a 6 year warranty. The merc comes with a 3 year but the option to extend it to a 7 year. Both are with in a couple hundred bucks of each other. I do have to pay more for the extended merc warranty. I really don't see much bad on the Suzuki. The merc are fairly new motor so not much on those. It seams kind of hard to get much help from and of the Suzuki dealers around hear which seams weird for wanting to buy a 10 grand motor. Merc comes from a bass pro. Anyone have any input between those two outboards?

If you are getting an "uneasy" feeling from the 'zuki dealer now, what will it be like after you buy? the same or better in your opinion. How's the attitude of the Merc dealer? Think it's possible to get the extended warranty "thrown in" at the purchase??

The merc dealer is a bass pro. They seam great but I think there making money either way. In my opinion the bass pro is probly going to keep there techs updated better than a smaller shop. The merc guy is suppose to let me know about the extra cost on a couple things he wasn't sure about. I've tried dealing with the Suzuki dealer other times and just don't get a very positive attitude from them. I guess I'm trying to find some input on the new merc 115 4s.

Trust your gut on a dealership.

There's too much riding on your decision to reward a shop that gives you an uneasy feeling.

Call around. You won't be needing the shop on a new engine often, better to drive a bit further and TRUST the shop you go to and pay for.

Best wishes.

Well pulled the trigger on a new merc. I just couldn't buy from the other guys. I hear good and I hear some bad about them. The sales guy called me back the other day turns out I can get a 6 year warranty on top of the 3 year that comes with it but it cost 900$. I can add that any time as long as my other warranty is still in effect.

Latest posts