25 Merc pull start to elec

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomme boy

Reaction score
25 2-stroke manual start. How hard is it to convert to both manual and elec. I have a blown up second motor that has both on it right now. I want to change the one that runs I have over to elec also. Whats all envolved?

Depends on what the motor came with. At minimum, you'll need an ele start style flywheel that has the teeth on the outer edge, a solenoid, a start button, an ele starter and any hardware necessary to mount the starter, and the correct size and quantity of wire and cables to connect it all.

The blown up one is already a electric and manual start. I was asking how difficult it would be to switch it over to the good one that is a manual start.

You will probably have to change some of the electrical under the flywheel for charging.

Other than that it is pretty straight forward.

My bad, I didn't realize you were working with two diff motors and that you were going to use one for parts. As already mentioned, if you want to be able to recharge your battery while you are running, you'll probably have to move the charge stator over to the other engine but that's not a requirement to install elec start. I installed elec start on an older (1975 merc) motor but didn't install any charging circuit. It worked fine for starting all day long with no issues. You just need to charge your batteries at the end of the day like always.

Latest posts