Trim setting?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake

Reaction score
When setting the manual trim bar on a 25 yami, what hole should I start on? It's an alumacraft 1542, mini jackplate with a 4" setback and cav plate about 2" above the bottom of the boat.

Blake, start off with the hole that puts your motor perpendicular
with the bottom of your boat.
Issues will change as you add weight, water conditions, etc etc etc.
Just experiment as to what best fits your situation. You can tell as
to the best adjustment when it jumps up on plane and goes really fast.

PLEASE have your boat out of gear - or - motor turned off completely
if you are leaning over the transom to adjust the motor trim bar.

Edit: You said: The cavitation plate is 2" above the bottom of the boat.
I think the gallery here would like to see photos of that.
Cavitation Plate.jpg

Thanks for the info. I'm assuming you meant make the cav plate parallel to the bottom of the boat.

I don't have any far back pics, but here is a pic of the cav plate before I moved it up about an inch. So it's closer to about 1.5" above the bottom of the boat, not 2". With the 4" setback I can get away with it.

yeah, you need a photo a little more back.
I am guessing that gray thing is to mark the bottom of your boat ?

yes, the cavitation plate should be parallel with the bottom of the boat.
the motor should be perpendicular to the bottom of the boat.
That position would be the starting point of setting your trim pin.

I'll get a pic further out, but it'll be a couple weeks. Once I get it all set up I'll post a pic. I'll need some help picking out a new prop then anyways and I'll have some rpm numbers for y'all.

Around here, every two inches of set back allows you to raise the anti-cav plate one inch above the bottom of the boat. Very needed for ultra shallow running the TX salt flats.

richg99

I would start at the lowest setting and work your way up .. If the boat starts to porpose then back it off one hole

anti-ventilation plate :twisted: there is no such thing as a cavitation or anti-cavitation plate.

sorry it's one of those days.

assistance provided in prior posts.

thread20hijack20kitty.jpg

anti-ventilation plate :lol:

If you're interested: https://www.louisianasportsman.com/printer_friendly.php?id=1795

Edit...
Then again it is a yamaha so I am incorrect (according to their parts manual???).

Not trying to be a jerk, just sayin'..

Latest posts