Mystery motor?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggerhead Mike

Reaction score
My brother picked up a new tin with a mystery motor. ID plate has been removed. Can anybody guess what this mite be?

Attachments

• 286.jpeg
    286.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,074
The gas connections are usually brand specific, or limited to a few manufacturers (johnson/yamaha). I'd start there.

I can think of only one reason to remove an "ID" plate. I'm not saying you did it.....some one in the past. Did you get a bill of sale for the motor with a name and address, at least?

Hope I didn't double post this :)

I bet him a Christmas case of beer that it was probably a 80's model Johnson 25-30hp? Only guessing that because of the lower unit

IDk about the ID plate, its not mine so it really doesn't matter. I live 500 miles away. The motor obviously has a lot of jerry rigging going on, it could be hot or some kid could of painted over the plate

ggoldy
I've worked a number of different parts counters.
You'd be surprised the number of people that bring the
info plate with them to get parts.
You can't fix stupid!

Steve A W

okay - I am going to toss in my Dos Centavos as a 1970s to early '80s
Evinrude: 25-35hp. Punch that on my ticket for the drawing.
The info plate would not have been a stick-on vinyl thing ..... probably a stainless steel
plate with the info stamped into it that was riveted to the leg.
So if it was painted over, it would still be legible with some scraping.
if you see 2 or 4 holes that would fit inside half a business card, that is where it was.

Good Luck !!!

Without seeing too much detail in your hood, this is what I found on the net.
When you come up with some numbers, hopefully it will put you closer to finding out.
rude.jpeg

Steve A W said:
ggoldy
I've worked a number of different parts counters.
You'd be surprised the number of people that bring the
info plate with them to get parts.
You can't fix stupid!

Steve A W

THAT'S hard to believe LOL
But now I know two reasons why a motor would be missing the number plate. I still would be suspicious. But that's just me.
And Mike, I reread and see that it's not yours. I'm sorry I implied it was.

Latest posts