Put first boat for first time ,motor question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadow

Reaction score
seems like as it idles down it wants to stall at times, ran good opened up though but as i slowed to idle it would kill ,any suggestions?

Little more info would be great here. Make, size, and year of motor would go a long way.

When you first crank it, does it idle badly, or is it only when coming down from a higher RPM? Really need engine info first.

even with an extreme lack of any information, it sounds to me like your air fuel screw is all the way in, as well as maybe the idle set to low... give us some more info on the motor and such

96 15 horse evinrude,took a little bit to get it going at first but it hadnt been ran since last fall so i figured maybe that was the problem then we ran back and forth just checking things out and it seemed good until i idled to put it on trailer, seems like when coming down like you said

it has to be either the air fuel screw is all the way in or the idle adjustment screw backed down or fell out. i have had both happen to me, and it has the same affect you describe.

Had idling issues and it turned out to be the quick disconnect on the motor sucking air. Like Rich said it could be old gas too,

Depending on where any boater is, the "new" 10 % ethanol add-on has screwed up more older outboards than any other thing recently.

In my case, a few years ago, the ethanol nicely cleaned out my old gas tank of all of its crap...and fed that into my bulb and lines. It also destroyed the interior of the bulb/line. After I cleaned her out, and replaced the line and bulb, I didn't have any more troubles. Ethanol does, in fact, clean out the crud, but it feeds it right into your engine or the engine's filter.

Rich