2015 Suzuki DF30ATL Purchase Notes

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PATRIOT

Reaction score
Still shopping for a new fuel injected portable with electric start and thru the cowl manual starting.
Looking for the most powerful portable available and the Suzuki DF30ATL is all I've come across at only 158#.
Does anyone own this motor or an equivalent unit?

Attachments

• DF30ATL.jpg
    DF30ATL.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,223
I've been eyeing that one as well. I like the remote control. If you end up getting please take pics ave give it a review. Thanks!

Have only found one review on this motor that wasnt from a dealer.A member of this site purcased one-scoobeb but have not heard from him.158#s is the same as the merc|tohatsu 30hp which is also manual start so I wonder how it compares.Any one hear from scoobeb?

Here is what I've come up with for pricing on a 2015 model.
There are no Suzuki dealers within 100 miles of me so the location doesn't matter.
I have all the time in the world to find the best deal.

Attachments

• OUTBOARDBOATSALE1.jpg
    OUTBOARDBOATSALE1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,118
  • UniversalOutboard9.jpg
    UniversalOutboard9.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,118
I've seen some positive comments on the 20-25 hp versions on gheenoe.net but no 1st hand experience.

Still doing my due diligence on these offshore suppliers.
Got an interesting reply back from Port-a-boat:

"This is either from Singapore or Russia. Even if they do send you an outboard, Suzuki won't honor the warranty.
And, you may not even see anything at all.
Good luck."

My first question would be . . . why wouldn't Suzuki honor a warranty on a new motor with their name on it?
I can take a Kia branded vehicle to any Kia dealer for warranty work.

PATRIOT said:
My first question would be . . . why wouldn't Suzuki honor a warranty on a new motor with their name on it?
They will ... but they didn't say WHEN ...

Seriously, we have a Honda dealer near me that if you didn't buy the OB from him ... you'll wait in line for MONTHS. He never says it that way, of course, but if you needed service in the Spring he'd say "Sure, park it over there and once I get all my regular customers done, I'll get right on it."

Have also had a Suzuki dealer question a friend of mine when he needed service done. He 'lied' and said it came on the boat he just bought , so they took it in. Then they read off from the warranty system that he purchased it new from some on-line site ... and let's just say he finally got it fixed. But it co$t him some extra $$$ and took weeks to almost 2-months to get it, not the days to maybe 2-weeks tops it should have taken ...

[Edit:] Warranty may NOT have to be honored if ex-US purchase, believe FTC laws might be reason. To prospective Buyers - caveat emptor!

as an FYI, take a look at these links:

https://resources.alibaba.com/topic/801234495/Indonesian_Scammers_Ricky_Prafita_Iqbal_and_Morgan_Makmur.htm

Particularly post #5. Looks like Outboardsales.com is an Indonesian site and someone has linked the two "gentleman" above with that site.

https://www.scamadviser.com/is-outboardsale.com-safe.html
https://www.scamadviser.com/is-universaloutboard.com-a-fake-site.html

For me, I would definitely stay away from these two sites. If you were buying a $20 water pump, maybe I'd take a chance, but for a full outboard, no way.

Good luck!

DaleH said:
PATRIOT said:
They will ... but they didn't say WHEN ...

Seriously, we have a Honda dealer near me that if you didn't buy the OB from him ... you'll wait in line for MONTHS. He never says it that way, of course, but if you needed service in the Spring he'd say "Sure, park it over there and once I get all my regular customers done, I'll get right on it."

Have also had a Suzuki dealer question a friend of mine when he needed service done. He 'lied' and said it came on the boat he just bought , so they took it in. Then they read off from the warranty system that he purchased it new from some on-line site ... and let's just say he finally got it fixed. But it co$t him some extra $$$ and took weeks to almost 2-months to get it, not the days to maybe 2-weeks tops it should have taken ...

[Edit:] Warranty may NOT have to be honored if ex-US purchase, believe FTC laws might be reason. To prospective Buyers - caveat emptor!

I had a somewhat similar situation with a 5hp Merc I had a while back, bought it from a big box store, and it needed the carb adjusted for cold start issues. They fixed it under warranty but did NOT really want to work on it since I did not buy from them. It only took a week or so for them to work on it, so i must have caught them at a slow time and they needed the warranty work $$ cash flow. LOL.

A few responses from US based Suzuki competitors:

***This is either from Singapore or Russia. Even if they do send you an outboard, Suzuki won't honor the warranty.
And, you may not even see anything at all.

***We've been through this a number of times. This motor has to travel (if even shipped) over 6,000 miles. They won't service it in Indonesia of course.

***No authorized Suzuki dealer will service this motor here. When he scans the serial number it tells him an unauthorized foreign dealer made the sale.

***We aren't permitted to sell a Suzuki outboard even in Canada. The warranty is null and void.

I'd like nothing better than to make life miserable for these guys if they aren't on the up and up . . . to start with I called GoDaddy to see if their name was being used legally . . . NOPE.

So either I get a new motor for a good price or we set up a sting?

Attachments

• GoDaddy.jpg
    GoDaddy.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,274
  • GoDaddy1.jpg
    GoDaddy1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,273
So here's the deal . . . I either want my new outboard at the advertised price or I want this website taken down.

These people should thank me for due diligence, if legit, their sales might increase? Good news should travel as fast as bad.

****Thank you sir for your email.
Our website is verified by GODADDY and we are entitled to attach the
logo.
The supplier's company premises has been checked by singapore chamber of
commerce, staff to ensure onsite operations exist there. A third-party
verification company has confirmed the legal status of the supplier.
We hope to hear from you soonest.

Best Regards,
Edward Long
PRESIDENT OF UNIVERSALOUTBOARD

(and response using outboardboatsale dot com as competitor pricing)
****Sorry sir we can not beat the price listed on the site link you give
because you checkout the website is a scam company.

Universal Outboard is an authorized supplier for all of the top brand
names in the outboard industry, which is why we are able to offer select
new outboard motors at a great discounted price.

We hope to hear from you soonest.

Best Regards,
Edward Long
PRESIDENT OF UNIVERSALOUTBOARD

Attachments

• EDWARD.jpg
    EDWARD.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,244
With respect to service and warranty, I'd treat this no different than a Craigslist purchase, as long as it's in the factory package.

FYI . . . when you purchase a Briggs & Stratton Racing engine (made in Wisconsin) they come without a warranty.

Latest posts