Zowie - 115hp 'tiller' OB motor!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Man, now I love Lund Alaskan hulls, but I think I'd wear the ignition kill on this one religiously :shock: .

115hp operated via a tiller on a 20' tin boat. Now WHO lives better than that?!?!?!?!?!?!??????????

It must be a BLAST to run :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 115hp Tiller OB-20 Lund Alaskan.jpg
    115hp Tiller OB-20 Lund Alaskan.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 333
Hey I've run some of those bigger tillers. 115 is the biggest.

I'm not man enough to steer them when under way, though. Power steering would help. Was recently testing a 1648 with a 50hp Yamaha (2 stroke), tiller steer. It was a handful. Honestly dangerous. Once on plane it was nothing. But we all know that steering torque is a byproduct of outboard motors. That old 50, at certain speeds, took both hands to hold it going straight, with one foot planted firmly against the starboard side of the hull and the other over against the port side. Not for me. I don't remember the 115 being that hard to hold, but you didn't want to steer it if it wasn't on plane...

Also rigged/tested a 115/80 jet tiller, which had zero problem. I liked that one, other than what the guy used it for (flooded timber). IT had power tilt. Tilt the motor up just right and if anyone was within about 200 feet or so behind it, you could completely and utterly drench them.

Latest posts