2016 Honda 20 hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishfreek

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
The dealer where I ordered my new Almacraft MV 1648 NCS also carries Honda outboards. I have NO experience with the motors at all. I was wondering if anyone has a 20 hp electric start with electric trim. How do you like it? and such.

Thanks

it is like anything else. . . . . . ease, convenience, and safety.
using only pull start for several years - then get your first electric start.
manually trimming the motor means stopping the boat, going to the back,
lifting the motor while leaning over the transom could be dangerous . . .

then, you get a boat where you never have to leave your seat !!!!
you have no way to appreciate it.

sort of like using a manually propelled push mower for half your life,
then, you get your first rider !!!! WITH cup holders !!

I have a Merc with electric start and T&T. Like Johnny said...electric start, well, it's pretty easy to push a button. The T&T is the best. Being able to trim the motor on the fly is awesome and in the heavy weeds I typically fish I can raise the prop and drift or pole the boat without hanging the motor up on the weeds. Also, having had the biggest fish I've ever hooked cutting the line over the skeg, now I always raise the prop out of the water when casting. Obviously you need a battery for the electric start. If you're using other electronics you'll need a battery anyway but if not you can save the weight and expense of the battery with a pull start.

I run a Yamaha 25 electric start. Wish I had t&t big time. Honda motors are fantastic and that's probably a pretty **** good price. But in my area if you play you cards right for around 2000 you can get a relatively new motor of similar size from online post. If you have the coin and you ole lady ant stopping you. Get the new one!.

Also running the same exact haul as you

Catch Release Repeat said:
If you have the coin and you ole lady ant stopping you. Get the new one!.

Also running the same exact haul as you

CRR

NO OLD LADY to give approval so I bit the bullet and pick the boat motor and trailer up on Saturday. I think the price on the boat and motor were the best I could find. The dealer is 2 hours away but it's the package I have wanted for a while.

I have been following your buid and actually went to look at the boat because of your build. Yours is looking great. I will get to start on mine SOON.

I have a Suzuki 20hp elec.,start,tilt. Love it got it from Portaboat/Suzuki, price around $3000.

I had a Honda 20hp with electric start and power TILT. You might want to check if that motor actually has power trim, which I doubt it does.

The motor was nice and ran great. It was actually kind of light for all the features it had. And power tilt is nice.