1994 Evinrude 30 HP

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNTall

Reaction score
Hi all. I just joined the board. Hope you can answer a question for me.

I have a 1650 Triton with a 1994 Evinrude 30 HP, 15" shaft. I want to convert this to a 20" shaft to raise the motor up.

I can't seem to find reliable info on 5" extension kits for this model. The couple of dealers I've talked to here are only interested in selling me a new motor, so I gave up on them. Did this series use an extension to get the 20" length, and can you buy those?

Thanks,
Greg

Hi,
I reached out to the folks at Bay Manufacturing to see if they could point you in the right direction. Stay tuned!

and welcome to the forum!

Jim

https://www.baymfg.com/

Thanks Jim,
I looked through Bay's website and did not find my model. I was going to call them, but I thought I would wait to see what they told you first.

Was there an OE extension for this model? I have found some kits on parts websites, but I'm not sure it's compatible, and they're very expensive.

I was about ready to just buy a newer long shaft motor until I started reading on this message forum. Now I think my old 2-stroke doesn't sound so bad since I wanna keep my rig light and low maintenance. I just don't know if it's worth trying to convert it to a 20".

Greg

TNTall said:
Thanks Jim,
I looked through Bay's website and did not find my model. I was going to call them, but I thought I would wait to see what they told you first.

Was there an OE extension for this model? I have found some kits on parts websites, but I'm not sure it's compatible, and they're very expensive.

I was about ready to just buy a newer long shaft motor until I started reading on this message forum. Now I think my old 2-stroke doesn't sound so bad since I wanna keep my rig light and low maintenance. I just don't know if it's worth trying to convert it to a 20".

Greg

An extension (i.e. 20" transom parts) were made for this motor, but expensive as you discovered.
You could also try the outboard salvage yards...

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/engine-repair-and-maintenance/johnson-evinrude-outboards/449716-salvage-yards-by-wilde1?t=438822

Latest posts