2000 Nissan 25 HP troubles

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassNBob

Reaction score
I just bought a electric start 2000 Nissan 25 HP motor on a 14' jon boat. I tried the boat out when I bought it and it ran nice. Four days after I get it home and take it out it would not even turn over. I did have the battery cable connected but nothing. MY question is there a fuse that may have blown or is there something I can try to get power.

Try jumping directly to the starter - if that works then you need to find the bad connection. My guess would be in the key switch area. See if a wire is loose or fell off

on my engine i had the same problem. first check if it works just jumping it directly to the starter. if it does, then check if the fuse to the solenoid is blown. if not then check it the key is bad. if nothing else then it has to be the solenoid at that point.

Make sure your battery is good first,good clean connections to the battery,there probably is a fuse in the positive line somewhere,then try what they said above.

Latest posts